1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown or rapadura sugar)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 Tablespoons rice malt syrup (or honey or maple)
1 Tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees celcius.
- Mix the oats, flour, sugar, desiccated coconut and almonds into a bowl.
- In a pan on low heat mix the coconut oil, syrup and water. Bring to the boil and stir to mix as much as you can (it will stay separated).
- Remove from heat and add the bicarbonate soda. Mix with a spoon until it becomes a thick golden fluffy texture.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Make into cookie shapes in places on a lined baking tray (makes 5 – 6 depending on size).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Don’t forget to tag us in your recipes @mylkko #mylkko.
Team MYLK + KO