- Melt the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave, in 30 second bursts until all melted.
- Mix all other ingredients with a whisk, handheld mixer or planetary mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixer until combined.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper (we use an ice cream scoop for this). Bake for 12-13 minutes in the preheated oven. The trick here is that they still need to be soft and fudgy on the inside!
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
125g butter, softened
1 1/2 C icing sugar mixture (rather than pure icing sugar)
1 Tablespoon full cream milk
ADD INS: cacao powder (1/4 C), vanilla bean (1tsp), melted white chocolate (1/2 C), peanut butter (1-2 Tablespoon)
- Using a hand held mixer or planetary mixer whip the butter until soft and creamy.
- Add your icing sugar mixture and full cream milk beating constantly until combined.
- Keep it as is (though we would recommend adding some vanilla if you are keeping it plain) or you can add other flavourings – we’ve done cacao, peanut butter and melted white chocolate. We’ve put recommended amounts but it depends on you and how prominent you want those flavours to be so play around and have some fun!
- Once your icing is ready put it in a piping bag and pipe on top of your cooled cookies.
- Eat immediately (I challenge you to wait!) or you can keep them in the fridge for up to 7 days!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Don’t forget to tag us in your recipes @mylkko #mylkko.
Team MYLK + KO